- Open a command prompt (cmd) and navigate to the %windir%\Inetpub\AdminScripts directory.
- Type the following: cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 “true”
- Press ENTER.
- If you get the following error:
Try 1 instead of "true"
- cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 1
More reference: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B894435
2. I cannot see MS Access driver (*.mdb) in ODBC manager? only SQL server driver?
This is because you need to install MS Office/Access to get the driver first, then run 32-bit ODBC manager -
• The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%WindowsSysWoW64 folder.
• The 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%WindowsSystem32 folder.
3. I got the error message on web page while trying to access database through ASP page -
"Selected collating sequence not supported by the operating system"
This is because the wrong language setting of Access mdb file which was created under different
language version of Access before.
The easier way is to create a new database file, mdb, and copy structure and data from old mdb file. This must be done in English version Access.
4. I can run ASP file, but other ASP files in sub folders cannot be launched. This is because in IIS6 or above you need to enable ASP files which are located in sub-folders. You can login to IIS, right click on website and follow the steps here -